Fixed Account Manager
Purpose / Role:
We are looking for a Fixed Account Manager to join our procurement department on a temporary basis. The Fixed Account Manager will provide high-quality analysis of contract renewal options and within day query resolution for an allocated portfolio of Procurement Accounts.The Fixed Account Manager will work collaboratively with the associated Account Director for the allocated accounts; tendering and negotiating client energy supply contracts, liaising directly with the client on the day of completing their renewals, identifying appropriate products and services and providing the latest market information.
Provide market advice, indicative reports and price trackers to clients in conjunction with contract renewals
Advise clients on all aspects of energy contracts, and consumption whilst maintaining high standards of quality.
Take ownership of discussions with the client on our recommended contract options to answer any questions the client may have.
Tender & negotiate client supply contracts
Provide resolution to straightforward queries
To manage the tendering for any contracts required by clients that do not fit into standard fixed/flex, gas or electricity tendering - this may include support of other teams within the business who complete the procurement of alternative fuels (e.g. oil, LPG) or assisting clients with overseas contracts where possible.
Check renewal analysis reports put together by colleagues before they are sent to clients
To maintain a good working knowledge of the most recent Gas/Electricity/Oil/Coal and Carbon market movements creating a commercial relationship that clients consider a partnership
To manage the OJEU processing for tendering as required by clients
To maintain, develop and strengthen professional relationships with suppliers. Understand supplier constraints, timescales and processes to improve service and manage client expectations
Attend client meetings where appropriate
Maintain records, databases and files and adhere to ISO 9001 quality processes and procedures
Identify any inefficiencies within the current processes and systems and suggest ideas for improvements
To record and report supplier feedback to the line manager to assist supplier analysis and improve supplier review process.
To identify opportunities for additional UTW Group products and services to their existing client base and report to the Account Director.
Maintain, build and strengthen professional relationships with colleagues, suppliers and clients
Provide relevant and timely Management Information to your manager as requested
Communicate any relevant news or information to colleagues
- Ensure that your Team Manager is kept up to date at all times, referring issues and potential risks to client relationships
Essential Qualifications / Training:
- Minimum GCSE grade C or equivalent in Maths and English
Desirable Qualifications / Training:
- Degree Qualified
- Experience in building strong working relationships with contacts at all levels, including senior executives
Personal Qualities, aptitudes and skills:
- A good commercial awareness
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Professional and enthusiastic approach, well presented and business like
- A team player demonstrating good working relationships with their colleagues and peer group
- A creative approach to problem solving and a good eye for detail
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Strong negotiating and persuading skills
- Confidence in using IT systems, in particular Microsoft Excel and Word
- Full clean drivers licence