Join this organisation and enjoy the security of a supportive senior management team.
Purpose of the Role
- Provide leadership and management to the staff team
- Ensure the group's vision and values are understood and acted on
- Ensure the home operates within its statement of purpose
- Ensure the home operates within the group's policies and procedures
- Ensure the home meets all regulatory requirements
- Ensure that the quality of the service is maintained and improved
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to manage the day to day running of the home
- Operate the groups person centred supervisions, training and coaching programmes
- Develop and implement an annual plan under the direction of the Operations Managers
- Promote the concepts of person centered care through high standards of professional practice which meet the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual and spiritual needs of the people living in the home
- Undertake any specific pieces of work or roles as instructed by the directors
- Provide the Operations Managers/Directors with information and undertake quality audits of the service under the direction of the operations managers as and when required
- To be part of the on call system that covers the home during evening and weekends.
- Ensure the home is appropriately staffed at all times. Produce bi monthly staffing rotas for all staff at the home
- Ensure that assessments are carried out in line with the homes procedures and practices
- Ensure the home is able to meet the care needs of any prospective residents and to negotiate the appropriate fee with the purchasing authority/the resident/ their family if not in receipt of local authority assistance
- Provide all relevant information and leaflets to prospective new people and make appointments to show them and their relatives around the home
- Arrange and assess trial visits while ensuring that arrangements for the introduction and reception of new people are made
- Ensure that each new person receives a written copy of the terms and conditions of residence and to ensure that each person or their representative understands them
- Investigate complaints, take appropriate action and report to the Operations Managers/Directors
- To liaise with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and offer whatever assistance is required.
- Ensure the emotional, spiritual, physical, medical and material needs of the residents are recognised, assessed and met
- Support people in decision making in matters which affect their lifestyle
- Make or contribute to the assessment of needs of each person in conjunction with the person, relevant professional agencies, and where appropriate, family members, and develop a care plan which provides real and meaningful quality of life for that person
- Promote relationships which enable each person to participate in social activities within the home and in the life of the local community to the maximum of their ability
- Ensure the provision of health care arrangements which may include ordering, recording and where appropriate the administration of prescribed medication
- To be responsible for the efficient running of the catering of the home this will include the following:
- Planning the menus with the people who live in the home and staff
- Ensuring that the dietary needs of people are met
- Ensuring that good standards of food presentations are made
- Ensuring that supplies are ordered
- Ensuring that very high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained.
- Assist in the recruitment, appointment and deployment of staff
- Ensure that there is good communication with and between staff and to arrange staff meetings
- Ensure that effective induction, supervision and assessment of staff is carried out and that training needs are identified and met
- Ensure that employment legislation is adhered to.
- Advise the maintenance director of any malfunction of the heating, lighting or emergency systems and ensure the security of the premises
- Ensure that the fire regulations are complied with and advise the maintenance director if there are any areas of risk
- Ensure that legislation and regulations concerning environmental health, infection control, building control, planning and health and safety are complied with, and to advise the directors accordingly where action is required.
- Be responsible for the monitoring and control of day to day expenditure within the limits set in the budgets
- Help with the accounting and financial review on a periodic basis ensuring the groups financial or budgetary objectives is met
- Help prepare budgets, forecasts on a periodic basis
- Ensure that residents are, wherever possible, supported in retaining responsibility of their own money and financial arrangements
- Ensure that where people are assessed as incapable of handling their own financial affairs, their money is handled properly and with the utmost probity and that records are kept of all financial transactions in line with current regulations.