Corporate Tax Senior - Top40 Firm, to £40,000
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 Regional Accountancy Practice who are looking for a Corporate Tax Senior (or Mixed tax) to join their growing team near Cheltenham. Reporting to the Corporate Tax Manager, the role would ideally suit ATT/CTA qualified or part-qualified tax specialists from another mid- to top-tier or Regional Accountancy practice. You will be coaching junior members of the team, reviewing corporate tax computations and you should be able to demonstrate some Tax advisory expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
• Processing corporate tax returns and reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service levels and quality standards
• Helping to manage a varied portfolio of owner-managed businesses through to UK & Int’l corporates (typically £10m upwards)
• Assisting with ongoing HMRC tax investigations and dealing with R&D tax claims
• Working with group companies and dealing with tax contract assignments
• Assisting with the development of tax efficient structures and assisting with corporate re-organisation’s for tax planning purposes
• Liaising directly with clients regarding corporate tax matters on the phone and in person
• Providing general support to clients with corporate and personal tax queries
• Ensuring the quality of corporate tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adheres to the Firm’s quality standards.
• Liaising with the assigned Tax Manager to ensure that work is completed within budget
To be considered for the role, you should ideally be in a well-known medium or large Regional Accounting firm, seeking a move to a practice where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Therefore, knowledge and experience of preparing corporate tax computations, dealing with complex tax issues and assisting in the management of client portfolios is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £40,000 + excellent benefits including 20 days holiday, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile