Quantity Surveyor - Harrogate
This is a new and exciting role for a dynamic QS to join a rapidly expanding M&E company who operates on Projects from £50,000 up to £2,000,000 within Yorkshire and surrounding areas.
As the role has currently been shared between various team members it will allow the successful candidate to use their QS experience and knowledge to become the company’s first exclusive commercial team member, introducing and improving processes and procedures, advancing project efficiency, reduce the company’s commercial exposure and most importantly allow us to be more responsive to our ever expanding client base.
- Project file set up;
- Initial contract / terms and conditions reviews (JCT/NEC/Cost plus);
- Subcontractor appointments (negotiation, agreement of change/variance, chairing sub-contractor meetings, final account agreement);
- Negotiating with suppliers on large orders;
- Cost monitoring to tender allowances / regular project commercial reviews including cost forecasts;
- Applications for Payment to customers;
- Pay Less Notices to Subcontractors;
- Dealing with any insurance claims;
- Programme reviews;
- Prepare/review variations and compensation events;
- Final account assessments.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience a Quantity Surveyor;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Keen eye for detail; Great work ethic;
- Ability to work from own initiative;
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook);
- M&E experience would be beneficial but is not a requirement;
- Be able to communicate at all levels
- 20 days holiday plus statutory, increasing by 1 day every 5 years’ service;
- Long term service bonuses at 5, 10 and 25 year intervals;
- Birthday off.
Working hours: 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Thursday, 08:00 - 16:30 Friday