Fitness Lecturer - Part Time
A leading private college based in Central London are looking to recruit a 'Part Time Fitness Lecturer' on a part time permanent contract.
You MUST have a teaching qualification and ideally the 'Assessor' and 'Verifiers' awards.
The role will be working 20 hours per week (2.5 days) and will be paying £15K per annum.
The role incorporates the following -
- Deliver and support learning through formal scheduled high quality teaching on subjects from the range of Fitness courses ranging from Level 1, 2 and 3 Certificates in Fitness Instructing/Personal Training and shorter duration awards at all levels
- To achieve and be fully committed to retention and achievement rates of 92% retention and success.
- To obtain a consistent record of 'Good’ observation grades (in line with OFSTED expectations) and aspire to achieve 'Outstanding’ performance.
- Attend any relevant external events, conferences or workshops as required.
- To attend all lessons at least 10 minutes before start time and to be adequately and professionally prepared.
- To correctly complete registration documents at the beginning of each session and keep these updated.
- To report accurately on the progress of both individuals and groups and to forward these to the relevant Programme Manager on a monthly basis.
- To have a fully completed lesson plan before each lesson, evaluation to be completed after the lesson. If teaching another group the lesson plans must be given to the appropriate tutor.
Assessor / IQA duties include -
- Adhere to all established systems within the department and implement any changes only as requested/authorised by management
- To maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Commit to the college and department’s targets
- Continually improve standards of quality assurance systems
- To liaise with programme managers on their programme areas.
- To manage the QA/IV on all programmes to include employer workshops and any programmes.
- To monitor the QA/IV plans for the year and to collate these together to form a department plan.
- Conduct and Monitor the direct observations of the assessment team and provide feedback on areas of future training and development needs to the Fitness manager.
You MUST have the following qualifications / experience -
- NVQ/Diploma Level 3, BTEC National Diploma, ITEC or equivalent within at least one relevant vocational area.
- Teaching qualification, minimum DTLLS, Cert Ed or PGCE and be willing to work towards gaining QTLS.
- Assessors award A1 or equivalent (Or working towards)
- Verifiers award V1 or equivalent (Or working towards)
- Strong and sustained experience of managing quality assurance
- Experience and knowledge of working within a college environment. Strong teaching, learning and assessment experience of working as a tutor or facilitator.
- Successful Supervisory/Management/Leadership experience within a range of settings
- A proven track record of high success rates, with results of 90%+.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading college with excellent career prospects and generous staff benefits.
PLEASE APPLY NOW!