General Sales Manager - Automotive
General Sales Manager - Automotive
Salary: £35,000 basic - OTE £50,000 + Company Car
Are you a successful Automotive Sales Manager looking for a new challenge?? Are you interested in a sales management career with a progressive and exciting company representing 13 of the UK’s leading car manufacturers? ?
Our client are an award winning leading automotive retailer with a turnover in excess of £700m. Established in 1908 they are a nationwide franchised dealer group with 52 dealers nationwide in 32 locations. They cover 14 of the UK’s leading car manufacturers.
Our client offer comprehensive training schemes, commitment to people and a desire to help everyone in their team achieve their personal best. They're looking for individuals who can put their ethos of 'People First', into everything they do. As a an employee, you'll be encouraged to inspire others and work as part of a collaborative team.
Due to continuing business success and growth our client now have a fantastic opportunity available for a General Sales Manager to join the dealership in Luton.?
Reporting in to the General Manager, your primary responsibility will be to maximise the sales and profitability of vehicles and associated products.? You also be responsible for:
- Achieving outstanding customer satisfaction
- Ensuring the optimum stock of vehicles
- To unleash the potential of the sales team by setting expanding objectives and providing regular feedback on performance against these objectives
- Maintain good relationships with their Brand partners.
- Ensure that compliance is enforced and that it meets all the obligations relating to the customer experience and to the manufacturers standards within the Sales arena
- Full understanding of manufacturer targets ensuring the team are maximising every opportunity
- Encourage the sales team to review processes and ensure they are working in the most efficient way.
- Inspire the sales team to deliver an Incredible Customer Experience for every customer that the sales team comes into contact with.
- Manage the day to day sales activities such as deal files, handovers and sales funnel to maximise sales revenue.
As a General Sales Manager you will lead, motivate and drive your team to provide customer service excellence. You will ensure the Dealership is well managed with cars, take responsibility for the presentation of the Dealership as well as build and maintain strong relationships with the Brand. You will also work closely with other departments and be hands on with the day to day running of the Dealership to achieve the highest standards set out by the Brand.
As the ideal General Sales Manager, you will have a customer-centric attitude. You will be commercially minded, passionate about the car industry and also be motivated by setting, achieving and exceeding targets.
As a minimum standard you will:
- Have knowledge of modern business methods within a franchised dealership
- Hold a successful track record of coaching and mentoring a successful sales team
- Have excellent IT skills
- Ideally have knowledge of Kerridge
As General Sales Manager will receive a guaranteed base salary, plus an excellent bonus structure. Our client also offer spectacular benefits including:
- Company car
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Vehicle purchase discount
- Employee Discount Scheme - A discount scheme with a high street retailers
If you are looking to take the next steps in your career and would like the opportunity to work for a progressive and dynamic dealer group, then please click APPLY!
No agencies please
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.