Business Development Manager - Market Research
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
£35,000pa - £45,000pa. + Coms - 6.5% on everything sold + Yearly parties abroad + Friday afternoon drinks in the office!
A great opportunity has arisen for a strong Business Development Manager with previous experience in Research (ideally online) to join an award winning Survey Research organisation based in London. Both the basic salary and commission are highly impressive (fantastic earning potential - highly realistic that you can double your salary!) with lots of lovely benefits and a great working atmosphere!
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying revenue opportunities from prospective and former clients in order to meet or exceed territory goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These include the following. Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of management in the context of the role.
- Meet or exceed sales goals for the assigned territory.
- Develop sales strategy and tactics for prospective and former customers. (45%)
- Identify and research potential business opportunities.
- Conduct cold calls.
- Penetrate new segment of clients embedded in research decision process.
- Conduct face-to-face visits with decision makers and appropriate follow-up activity.
- Develop and close initial projects in order to expand and leverage client relationships with focus on developing unrealised revenue through closing sales, effective up-selling and managing client expectations. (25%)
- Perform feasibility in order to facilitate the bid process by qualifying RFP’s, writing proposals and developing effective pricing for clients. (10%)
- Plan and track sales activities using the Company’s CRM tool. Establish quarterly and annual goals for assigned territory. Provide weekly, quarterly and annual forecasts for territory. (10%)
- Support the Client Services Department during the delivery phase to ensure client expectations are met. (10%)
Education and Experience:
- University degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of sales experience in business environment.
- 2+ years of experience in market research.
- Proven experience is developing new business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the English language required.
- Strong knowledge of sales CRM tools.
Accountability - Proven results while managing changing priorities as well as maintaining direction and focus through proactive planning and organized approaches to work in order to meet deadlines and manage time effectively. Must demonstrate strong attention to detail and be conscientious, reliable, and punctual.
Client Focus - Demonstrates a strong customer orientation, builds partnerships, and work well across functions in order to service internal and external clients in a timely fashion.
Communication Skills - Adjusting accordingly to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences while maintaining highest level of abilities in all aspects of communication, written, oral, listening and expressing ideas.
Critical Thinking - Understands business strategy and processes while able to applying to local objectives.
Leadership Skills - Ability to model behavior and attributes expected by others.
Team Work - Ability to work effectively independently and harmoniously within a team while communicating a "can do" attitude and positive outlook. Willing to pitch in and do more than is required.