Community Team Supervisor
Are you a passionate and enthusiastic individual who enjoys supporting, mentoring and coaching your peers to achieve and exceed their capabilities?
Do you always put the needs of your customers first, ensuring your team is delivering a high quality service?
Our Community Team Supervisors are responsible for ensuring that the needs and expectations of our customers and their families are met with pride and passion. You will be leading a team of enthusiastic care staff ensuring that they are motivated and supported at all times.
To join our team we are looking for:
- Excellent customer service skills and experience of working in a care or health setting
- A passionate individual who has a QCF Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care and the willingness to work towards the relevant qualification in Management.
- A fantastic communicator who has the ability to make decisions under pressure with excellent time management skills
- A strong team player who can encourage and inspire a dedicated and committed workforce.
If you join our team we will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay including paid mileage
- Fantastic market leading benefits package including an employer contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and thousands of High Street discount vouchers to help you pinch those pounds please see My Caring Rewards for more details
- Fully paid induction and free criminal records check
- Structured career path and progression opportunities
- Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualification whilst working
- Be Healthy Campaign promoting the health and wellbeing of all of our employees by providing free health checks, access to information, advice and support, interactive challenges, competitions, discounted gym memberships, and many more exciting things!
As one of the largest not-for-profit care providers in the South of England, we offer great career opportunities within a supported and reputable environment.
The post-holder is employed by Somerset Care Limited, working within a defined geographical area managing and developing staff to ensure that service delivery is appropriate to Customer needs. This role is to provide the highest standard of care provision that is compliant to the standards set by the Care Quality Commission, working "with" Customers to achieve outcomes, rather than working "for" them
- To line manage a team of Community based staff, to include: One-to-one supervision; annual appraisals; identifying training and development.
- To support, mentor and coach all staff.
- Hold regular team meetings with Community based staff.
- Identify recruitment needs and participate with the interview process.
- Undertakes induction training of new staff, including mandatory training activities i.e. Manual handling if required.
- To effectively manage Community based staff availability to maximise capacity requirements.
- To ensure that staff absences and holidays are planned and managed appropriately.
- Performance management of staff to address issues through training, mentoring & objective setting.
- Undertake quality assurance visits in Customers’ homes, completing Customer Quality monitoring forms.
- Takes a lead in undertaking annual reviews of Care packages in conjunction with Customers, family, representatives and stakeholders.
- Reports Customer dissatisfaction to Line Manager, provides liaison between Customers and the office.
- To undertake initial assessments for new packages working to compile the Care and Support Plan and risk assessment. This duty is base specific.
- To ensure staff comply with all Somerset Care Group policies and procedures.
- Responsible for undertaking manual handling and risk assessments within Customers’ home.
- To provide on-call out of hours support as required to care staff outside normal office hours, and providing handover information to office staff at the end of the on-call shift. The on-call role may involve making arrangements to cope with situations that occur.
- Generate new business within the private market by building strong internal & external relationships, while raising the Company’s profile.
- To be the lead role in the base in an aspect of care and support as agreed with your Manager e.g. Reablement, Continuing Health Care, Dementia, Training.
If you are up to the challenge and would like to make a difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application