Robert Walters are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant for a global logistics business based in Desford.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for and performs professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation and analysis for financial data for a set of legal entities (mainly Germany) in order to ensure accuracy of the company's financial records.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Accountant:
* Responsible for assigned legal entity accounting records and performs accounting activities requiring some insight and depth of understanding for the legal entities in accordance with corporate and division policies and procedures.
* Participates in, contributes to development of, and changes to company procedures.
* Applies accounting techniques and standard local practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions under both US GAAP principles and where applicable local accounting rules.
* Maintenance and performance of internal control procedures.
* Prepare financial statement fluctuations, both balance sheet and income statement as it relates to period.
* Prepare and review various month end close reports and analysis in order to validate the accuracy of the financial information, including but not limited to documenting results for submission to management and external auditors.
* Participate in global accounting projects as requested.
Financial Accountant must have's:
* Advanced critical thinking skills.
* Ability to understand team's processes and initiate improvement ideas.
* Attention to detail and accuracy of work product.
* Ability to interact and build relationships with senior level management without supervision.
* Able to work with large volumes of data efficiently.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently.
* Influence and navigate cross-functional teams to accomplish goals.
* Degree in Accounting or equivalent through Financial Accounting experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP (Local country) accounting practices and methods. Understanding of how journal entries impact Income Statement versus Balance Sheet and relevant treatment.
* Must have a minimum of 5 years of accounting relevant experience.
* Strong Excel skills.
* Experience of SAP Accounting program.
* English language skills is a requirement, German is a plus
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81362030