Group Reserves Accountant
Group Reserves Accountant
£40k - £50K + Excellent Benefits
Our client a professional services organisation with over 2000 employees is looking to recruit a Group Reserves Accountant, to join an agile, progressive and easy to engage with business.
Main responsibilities include:
As the Group Reserves Accountant's your function will be to assist key people in the Tax, Treasury and Reserves Team and the wider finance team in understanding how the profit and tax from each of the groups entities affects the individual members of the organisation, and to reconcile and control the underlying accounting records of the balance sheet reserves. There will be a strong emphasis on cash-flow management skills.
As Group Reserves Accountant, will be required to:
- Develop an understanding of the group structure and its associated entities
- Develop an understanding of where the consolidated profits have originated from and how and when the tax on these profits are due
- Develop an understanding of taxes in UK and overseas jurisdictions and how those taxes affect the UK members and corporate shareholders
- Provide and review monthly reporting inputs, in conjunction with the Partnership Tax Accountant and Group Management Accountant, relating to the bottom half of the balance sheet accounts and building new reconciliations as required by the Reporting and Controlling Team
- Provide and review monthly reconciliations for corporation tax, dividend tax, equity adjustments, retained earnings and STRGL
- Understand how the above is reflected in the company's accounting system and ensure all relevant postings are made to the nominal ledgers
- Prepare PSWT documentation, calculating the tax to be reclaimed, and ensure relevant postings are made to nominal ledgers
- Prepare the notes for the annual financial statements in relation to members' interests
- On an annual basis, work with the Partnership Tax Accountant to carry out the iXBRL tagging of the statutory accounts for the corporate entities
- Assist in the collating of data required for the preparation of the LLP and corporate entity tax returns
- Assist the VAT Manager in the preparation of VAT returns
- Reporting on Treasury management to include cash flows, Forex and Euro movements
- Build strong links with the Reporting and Controlling team
- Update systems notes at least annually
- Assist with the annual budgetary process and monitoring spend throughout the year
- Assist the Senior Partnership Tax Accountant on group transfer pricing arrangements
- Performing ad hoc tasks and projects as delegated by the Senior Partnership Tax Accountant
Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA).
A strong background and knowledge of reserves / retained earnings within a LLP or Corporate environment
- A strong background in balance sheet reconciliation, preferably bottom half of the balance sheet
- Complex trading LLP and Consolidated accounts experience is desirable
- Able to communicate confidently both orally and in writing at all levels and to convey complex financial and accounting concepts in a clear, straightforward manner
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well within a team environment
- Strong skills in Excel are required
- IT literate with good knowledge of current accounting system technology. Experience of working with the Elite accounting system, IRIS and tax software (CCH) would be an advantage
- Able to be flexible in terms of a changing environment and constantly changing workload
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.