Our client, a leading shopping centre business, is looking to recruit a Centre Accountant on a permanent basis, to start as soon as possible.
Acting as one of the key channels between the Centre Management team and the finance function, this role focuses on engagement with non-finance Operational Managers to deliver commercial and operational finance support whilst ensuring all centre reporting obligations are met.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation and analysis of Centre profit and loss, Centre financial and operational performance reports, and commentary for key variances to budget and forecast
- Lead monthly departmental operational review meetings with Centre Management budget holders, in order to prepare a full year forecast and track on going progress against budgets, including the identification of risks & opportunities.
- Tracking of landlord business rates exposure and lead proactive pre-emption of mitigation opportunities.
- Lead annual budget and six monthly Long Term Forecast meetings with budget holders to compile submissions for review by the Finance Manager
- Capex and MII Maintenance Projects: Work collaboratively with the relevant budget holders to maintain an ongoing project progress tracker and an accurate forecast of project spend and delivery.
- Promotional Allowances (PA): Preparation of analysis for justification for retailer PA’s and ongoing reporting of spend and forecast
- Recording, analysis and management of financial information within the JDE accounting system including preparation of accruals and prepayment schedules
- Support the Finance Manager with ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Assist internal auditors to resolve issues and/or provide information as required
- Communicate and monitor Centre finance processes and procedures to identify opportunities for efficiency and increased operational and commercial engagement
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant with a strong academic track record
- Experience working with operational stakeholders
- Strong Excel essential, JDE & AX experience desirable
- Demonstrates planning and organisational thinking to ensure accomplishment of objectives and maximum productivity
- Analytical - can identify, understand and explain data trends and variances with a focus on attention to detail