We are currently recruiting for a Care Solicitor to join an expanding Sheffield based firm undertake fee earning work relating to care proceedings, ranging from Public Law Outline meetings to issued proceedings, representing parents, family members and children. The successful candidate should have the ability to run their own file load and assist with the files of other fee earners where necessary.
The workload with be made up of both both privately and publicly funded work.
The successful candidate will be joining a pro-active forward thinking business with a fantastic track record in retention of staff and which has the reputation of a great place to work. You would be working closely with a busy established team in the Sheffield office.
- A current practicing certificate
- Experience in family law
- Advocacy skills with the ability and willingness to conduct own advocacy wherever possible
- Requisite legal knowledge and experience
- Procedural and technical competence
- The ability to work to short deadlines, under pressure and to financial targets
- Good client care skills and commitment to this area of work
- Experience of care proceedings
- A member of the Law Society's Children Panel
- Experience of legal aid in both family/care proceedings and of CCMS
- PC literate with good word, excel and outlook skills;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written;
- Ability to:-
- build good working relationships with colleagues;
- prioritise workload;
- work proactively and with a can do attitude;
The successful candidate must be hard working, willing to work as part of a team and have excellent people skills.
For further information in relation to this role, please contact Laura Chappell on or apply online.
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest.