QA Software Engineer/Java Developer in test
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic QA Engineer to join our client based in central Nottingham. Our client is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage.
For this new product, we are putting together a new team, from the ground up, to focus solely on designing, building, and implementing an automated testing capability that will carry out multiple types of automated testing efficiently and effectively.
To work as part of the QA team to design and develop a Java based test automation framework that's capable of running multiple test types unattended.
To coordinate with the team across different layers of the test automation architecture. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code based on requirements or User Stories
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, robustness, and usability of the test automation framework
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain source code quality, organization, and management
- Employ industry standard Java design patterns for all code
- To execute the automated tests and manual testing as and when needed.
Key Relationships: Connect QA Team Lead (reporting to)
- Connect QA peers
- Connect developers
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Good understanding of Java
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- An experienced Software Engineer
- Good experience with using various software design patterns
- Demonstrable experience of writing reusable Java libraries
- Solid understanding of Selenium WebDriver
- Demonstrable experience of writing clean, readable Java code
- Demonstrable experience of implementing automated testing frameworks
- Good understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience of test management tools such as Jira
- Experience of the defect management lifecycle
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Proficient in Java
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience with build tools such as Ant or Maven.
- Demonstrable manual testing skills
- Demonstrable experience of using external databases with Java
- No preference but an ISTQB foundation test analyst certificate is desirable.
Masters Recruitment Ltd