Senior Financial Accountant
Due to further growth, I am now recruiting for Senior Financial Accountant for one of my key clients in Birmingham city centre.
As Senior Financial Accountant, your main duties will be to analyse, monitor and control the financial performance of the business. To work closely with management to ensure delivery of divisional profit and KPI targets but also act as a business partner to senior leaders within finance and non-finance staff
Key duties as Senior Financial Accountant include:
- Consolidation - Own and manage the monthly consolidation process ensuring inter-co balances are agreed and eliminate on consolidation
- Ensure all month-end Hyperion submissions are submitted to Ops Finance within agreed deadlines
- Inter-company - Ensure all inter-co balances are formally agreed with corresponding parties and correctly accounted for with adequate documentation retained within the month-end files.
- Trading P&L and Balance sheet - Own and manage the weekly and month-end reporting and accounts reconciliation for the Trading entities.
- Goodwill and investments - Ensure this is accounted for and reconciled in a timely manner
- GRNI - Ensure this balance is accounted for and reconciled in a timely manner
- Month-end reconciliations - Own and manage the completion of the month-end file for review by Divisional Reporting Manager (due by WD10), including; ensuring all relevant team members have completed their respective sections/reconciliations, lead schedules complete and reconcile to Navision TB/Hyperion, Group month-end.
- Exceptional costs - Own and manage the monthly reconciliation of P&L Exceptional costs and Balance sheet accruals accounts.
- Quarterly reporting - Own and manage the quarterly group stats and associated returns process ensuring that these are completed and submitted on a timely basis.
- Tax matters - Be the key point of contact with Group tax on tax matters.
- Act as a more senior member of the Financial Accounting team and mentor more junior members.
To be considered for the position of Senior Financial Accountant, candidates must be/have:
- A recognised accounting qualification such as ACA/ACCA
- Ideally practice trained with 12-36 months in industry under your belt
- A natural people person as this role involves dealing with key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Strong ability to communicate numbers in an understandable and clear manner to non-finance staff
Package of offer for the role of Senior Financial Accountant:
- £42,000 - £48,000 DOE
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- 5% company pension
- Life assurance cover (3 x basic salary)
- Retail discounts and health care plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Regular recognition awards
- Continuous development and plenty of opportunities to progress within the Financial Accounting team or other areas of finance such as commercial or operational finance