Business Development Executive - Events - £20K - Central London
Our client is the UK’s fastest growing student events platform. They offer event organisers bespoke online and mobile solutions to organise and ticket their events. Operating in universities across the UK and working with hundreds of clients, including Propaganda, Itchy Feet and the Oxford Union.
Headquartered in London, the business is venture capital backed.
This is a graduate job offering £20K basic salary with potential earning of £35K in first year.
Key responsibilities of the role;
The business is now looking to aggressively expand to over 70 universities throughout the UK and needs a Business Development Executive to propel that expansion.
Day-to-day activities will include;
The Business Development Executive will report to the company directors, and will be responsible for identifying and sourcing new client opportunities. You will work with various teams across the company to deliver the best solution for potential clients.
You will need to:
- Develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive client acquisitions.
- Identify potential new clients, their prospect needs and explain the business value proposition.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business, industry trends and competition.
- Communicate with potential clients via phone, email and face-to-face.
- Attend and network at events hosted by the business and their clients.
- Present to external clients, senior directors and the business ‘family’.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated self-starter, with an engaging personality who is commercially minded and thrives in a team environment.
- Degree or equivalent academic qualification.
- Outgoing personality. Confident reaching out to new clients via the phone and in person.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Enjoy attending events and networking.
- Innovative and ready to bring fresh ideas and perspective to the table.
- Self-starter who can operate independently while also complementing a team environment.
- Ability to hit the ground running with energy, imagination and passion.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office.
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Unique opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, exciting technology start-up changing the student landscape.
- Work with people who love what they do in a fun office environment.
- Competitive salary and commission.
- Eligibility for share option scheme
- External training opportunities
- Generous holiday allowance for a little sun, sea and sand
- Friday afternoon cocktails