Cooper Lomaz are proud to be working on a retained assignment with a global manufacturing business in Thetford for the purpose of recruiting a Financial Controller. The company in question are growing fast, and as such require the skill and experience of a well-rounded Accountant to come in and not only manage the day-to-day finance function of the business, but also work closely with the Managing Director and wider business on key strategic projects and growth plans.
You will have overall responsibility for a small finance team, including all transactional duties, and will report directly into the Managing Director, working closely with the Operations Director on a day to day basis for the purpose of driving the business forward.
- Month and Year-end closing
- VAT and Tax
- Management of debtors and creditors
- Liaison with tax authorities, including tax audits
- Maintaining a good relationship with auditors
- Monthly cash flow and working capital forecast
- Transparent and accurate Management reporting
- Lead the development of the annual budget and quarterly profit forecasts
- Control business performance and lead the development of corrective actions if needed
- In charge of adhoc Accounting analyses
- Contribute to Group financial processes improvements and maintain controls integrity
- Cash management and banking relationships
In order to be successful, you will be:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified (part-qualified applicants with the right experience will also be considered)
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent ERP system knowledge. (SAP would be ideal, but not essential)
- A strong communicator with an ability to influence key decision makers.
- Analytically minded and have a methodical approach.
- Manufacturing and multi-currency experience
- Hands on (Essential)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business and play a key part in it's continued growth plans. The role would ideally suit a Company Accountant or Management Accountant who has worked within a manufacturing business and who is looking to make their first move into a Financial Controller position.
If this is you and you'd like to be considered, please submit a copy of your CV and a brief cover letter straight away to be considered