NPD Technologist Food
NPD Technologist (Food)
£30,000 + Pension + 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Free Car Parking + Flexitime
NPD Technologist role available in growing business who are rapidly expanding their product range and NPD department. They have recently invested £2 million on a new production line.
The successful candidate will hold a degree in food science discipline. You have a strong understanding of health and safety, food regulations and HACCP. The successful candidate will have experience working within a similar position. Those with experience of new product development and testing will be at a strong advantage.
The successful candidate will work in the office, lab and on the shop floor alongside production. Your core function is to produce and test new products as well as updating existing recipes. You will identify problems with raw materials as they go through the development process and be responsible for providing samples for customers. You will work with cross functional departments, including sales, technical and operations.
This is an excellent opportunity for a NPD Technologist looking to join an innovative company who are currently developing and expanding their product range. You have the opportunity to really make the role your own and be a valued member of the company.
* Develop new recipes in line with customer’s specifications, predominantly NPD focused.
* Update existing pasta and snack recipes as required.
* Lead or support new product ideas.
* investigate and resolve problems with raw materials during the development process.
* Prepare samples.
* Work closely with other departments.
* Degree in food science.
* Experience in a food environment.
* Strong knowledge of health and safety, food regulations and HACCP.