Newly Qualified Accountant
Job Title: Financial Controller - Newly Qualified Accountant
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 DOE + excellent benefits including 25 days’ holiday PLUS bank holidays, Pension, Bonus, career development + LOTS more
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: PH9483NQ
A newly qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA OR ACA) is sought for this market leading organisation based in Milton Keynes. You will work closely with the organisations management, providing financial support and advice.
The role will be predominantly based in the Milton Keynes Office (close to the mainline station). There may be occasions to travel to other locations when required.
- Ownership of key areas of the organisations central costs and balance sheet control.
- Ownership of the month end close accounting activities.
- Communicate with all levels of the organisation, both informing and being informed.
- Inform management about relevant financial information and provide context.
- Assist area leads and local management in understanding the financial position.
- Coordination and consolidation of financial projections and plans.
- Review of monthly results, including the provision of commentaries.
- Production of monthly reports and analysis.
- Reporting and control of overheads.
- Control of enabling area balance sheet.
- Reconciliations of enabling area control accounts and sub-ledgers.
- Ensuring workflows and approvals reflect business structures and are appropriate.
- Creation, posting and control of journals and accruals.
- Analysing reports to check for accuracy and consistency.
- Ensuring all reports are sent promptly and are of a professional standard.
- Control and correction of cost categorization
- Ad hoc tasks and projects
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with relevant experience
- Clear communications skills, with the ability to develop effective relationships with all levels within the Firm
- Good computer knowledge and skills, especially Excel
- Be questioning of current processes and be able to highlight areas of weakness or risk
- Proactive in identifying issues and finding solutions
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to work accurately under pressure and meet deadlines
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency in respect of this role
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81301481