Qualified Management Accountant - Scunthorpe
This is a brand new role working for a well known business with fantastic offices based in Scunthorpe. This company has been established for over 50 years, has multiple sites across the world and is renowned for their level of expertise in their field.
Due to a restructure of their multiple finance functions, they are now recruiting for a fully qualified Management Accountant to join their Scunthorpe based finance team, and report directly to the Financial Controller.
The key duties of the role will include the following:
- Perform month end closing activities to a tight deadline to a high standard of accuracy according to the group month end timetable.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Preparation of monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Completion and submission of VAT returns
- Completion and submission of National Statistics
- Participate in special projects, prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis for management.
- Develop and maintain standard work for all financial accounting activities.
- Seek, monitor and identify opportunities for process improvements and compliance with group policies and accounting principles.
- Review and update to internal control documentation as set out by the group financial manual and policies
- Liaise with external auditors and assist with the annual audit process
- Provide support of other area's in the finance team to cover sickness, holidays and responsibility of the finance team in the absence of the financial controller.
The successful candidate will:
- Be qualified in ACCA/CIMA - Essential
- Have a minimum of 5 years management accounts experience - Essential
- Have previous experience in the construction sector - Desirable
- Have experience of SAP - Desirable
The business can offer:
- On site parking
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81286067