Membership Sales Executive - Oxfordshire
Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce Group aspires to be the leading voice of business - on behalf of micro to multinational organisations, driving better economic conditions and new opportunities for members and the wider community.
Through our recognised centre of excellence for global trade and inward investment, we provide services that promote and create opportunities for the Thames Valley business community while protecting trade and the local/ national economic environment. We offer local engagement, regional representation and global opportunity.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Development for the effective actual member and income growth of Essential and Corporate membership sales.
1. Undertake sales activity combining a field and telesales approach
2. Identify and prospect potential members to generate sales appointments using various methods; online market research, event attendance and introducing a referral process
3. To maintain a professional, friendly and efficient contact with prospective members and provide accurate information and advice to secure membership of the Chamber
4. To work closely with local chamber councils and other chamber colleagues such as; Account Managers, Event Leads, Sales Support and Marketing
5. To back up other members of the Commercial Development team in terms of general sales and marketing activity and to present non-membership commercial opportunities to the Head of Commercial Development
6. To assist in the business development and expansion of other commercial services when requested
1. Writing and executing a membership sales plan which focuses on actual membership and income growth by local chamber
2. To take responsibility for all initial communication with prospective Chamber members in a professional, friendly and efficient manner
3. To proactively generate sales appointments to ensure a full diary of sales activity and achieving minimum activity targets set
4. To undertake field sales activity within a defined geographical area
5. To assist with and undertake telemarketing activity as required achieving minimum targets set
6. To convert prospects into paid up Chamber members following a systematic sales pipeline process
7. To proactively assist in other commercial development opportunities for the chamber
8. To meet sales targets in accordance with monthly sales plan
9. To request reasonable sales and marketing support to assist in lead generation
10. To deal effectively with new membership enquiries and to give appropriate advice and guidance as necessary to secure Chamber membership
11. To attend Chamber member events as required to convert prospects into members
12. To represent the Chamber at exhibitions and other external events as required
Excellent package and benefits including OTE £40,000