Accounts Payable Clerk
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK - KEGWORTH - £18000 - 12 MONTH FTC
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join our client's busy team on a fixed term contract of 12 months.
THE ROLE AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices, credit notes, payments and any other authorised transaction into the accounts payable ledger.
- Matching of supplier invoices with purchase orders.
- Resolving internal issues regarding supplier invoices such as coding, pricing, booking-in etc.
- Timely and accurate preparation of supplier payment requests
- Matching of payments to invoices etc. within individual supplier ledgers.
- Periodic reconciliation of supplier accounts to supplier statements - together with the processing of valid reconciling items - in order to ensure the accuracy of payables data.
- Resolving supplier queries.
- Communication with suppliers in respect of payments
- Acting as a primary contact with Purchasing Department in respect of disputed invoices, goods returned debit notes.
- Ensuring that new and authorised supplier accounts are opened within the accounts payable ledger and that credit & payment terms therein reflect those agreed with the supplier.
- Timely and accurate filing of all processed transactions as described above.
- The preparation of period-end payables reports.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
THE EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Effective PC skills, with sufficient understanding of Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of/experience of using SAP advantageous
- Experience of accounts payable desirable.
- Pro-active approach
- Excellent attention to detail, quality and accuracy
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to clearly communicate in a professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to deal effectively with both colleagues and suppliers.
- A strong desire to effect continuous improvements to the systems and processes that are within the scope of the role as defined; documenting procedural changes as necessary.
Our client is able to offer numerous incentives including 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays, staff shop vouchers, a contributory pension plan and free car parking.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to continue their career in Clerical Finance and gain experience within a busy team. If you are interested and have the relevant experience then please do not hesitate to send over your CV!
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81299791