Workshop / Service Engineer
Workshop / Service Engineer required. My client has over 70 years' experience and is a market leader within industrial magnetic solutions, operating across the UK and Ireland. Due to continued success, they are looking to recruit a Workshop Engineer to test, service and repair their range of equipment based from their head offices in Bedfordshire. The role will also require occasional field work, travelling to customer sites across the country.
The successful engineer will have a mechanical and electrical background and will hold an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject. Previous experience working with electronics and PCB's is desirable, however full training will be offered and you will shadow an experienced engineer initially. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic engineer to make a long term career move.
Workshop / Service Engineer Position Overview
- Undertake servicing and repairs on customer equipment that has been returned to workshop
- Conduct annual testing to ensure equipment operates correctly and complies with safety regulations
- Travel to customer sites across the UK to service, repair and test equipment in situ that is too large to be returned to workshop
- Assist with general warehouse duties such as loading/unloading equipment from transport and moving to appropriate test and repair stations
Workshop / Service Engineer Position Requirements
- Electrical & Mechanical background supported with relevant qualifications
- Electronics and PCB experience / knowledge desirable
- FLT license preferred but not essential
- Effective communication skills
- Self-motivated with an eye for detail
- Full (clean) UK driving license
- Based within a commutable distance of Milton Keynes
Workshop / Service Engineer Position Remuneration
- £25,000 - £28,000 + overtime
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance scheme
- Working Hours: Mon - Thurs: 8:30am - 5:30pm, Fri: 8:30am - 4pm
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81296395