We are currently working in partnership with an innovative company looking to recruit a Company Secretary in Leeds.
This opportunity is right for someone looking to join a forward thinking, creative culture where the customer's needs come first. The main areas of focus are: the responsibility of insurances, negotiating contracts, property portfolio and legal compliance. Role will be based in Leeds
- An experienced and credible business professional with experience of working closely with the senior management team of a large business.
- ICSA or equivalent qualification, ideally with 5 years’ experience in a similar role, and commitment to continuing professional development.
- Whilst not a necessity, the ideal candidate will have experience of negotiating and agreeing commercial contracts.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Able to develop strong working relationships. The successful candidate will be required to establish and grow an effective relationship with the company’s Head of Operations.
- Experienced user of Blueprint or a similar company secretarial package is advantageous.
- Protect the legal interests of the Company;
- Organising and preparing agendas and papers for board, committee and shareholder meetings;
- Taking minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required returns, compliance statements and statutory accounts with Companies House and other regulatory organisations;
- Following up on actions from meetings;
- Overseeing the insurance requirements and relationships of the business and dealing with employment related claims and surveys;
- Managing the company’s property portfolio;
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors;
- Control of and input into contract negotiations, NDAs etc and Group use of industry bodies’ terms and conditions of business;
- Intellectual property and domain name matters;
- Providing support with major HR issues;
- Overseeing policies and making sure they are kept up to date;
- Maintaining and filing statutory books and records, including registers of members, directors and secretaries, and persons with significant control and ensuring full legal compliance;
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements;
- Controlling the holiday plan for senior management.
Excellent package and a great opportunity to assist a company growing.
A pivotal role and key to the direction of the business.
If interested please email me your CV
RECRUIT121 Finance and Accounting Recruitment Solutions specialises in sourcing and placing qualified and part qualified accountants. Working with a variety of businesses, we recruit the most talented accountancy professionals in the industry.