Senior Business Unit Manager
The post will be responsible for the successful conversion of business and the achievement of financial and non-financial objectives whilst setting the long-term strategic direction of the company and is expected to be an active member of the Senior Management team.
Achievement of key financial performance as mutually agreed
- Cost Saving
- Sales Conversions
- Invoiced Targets
Main duties and responsibilities
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for the sales management and development in order to meet agreed performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales
- Actively participate in the Quarterly Strategic Review with the Senior Management Team
- Delivery Business Unit strategic reviews and ensure strong direction and clarity on all roles and responsibilities
- Manage the sales team ensuring re-active and pro- active sales.
- Day to day management and mentoring the team to ensure a strong well trained team.
- Delivery of those strategies to a pre-agreed level of service where possible to exceed expectations of our clients and marketing partners
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development; reporting on a weekly/monthly basis to the senior management team on those measurements
- Achieve financial and non-financial targets as agreed on a quarterly basis with the MD
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets; you will be responsible for a level of budget and nominal codes which will need to be reported on if an over spend is reported or present a business case in the event of a revised budget to be arranged
- Liaise with other functional/departmental managers to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements
- Undertake raising standards (taking enquiries, fulfilling briefs, preparing proposals, following up contracts) and ensure all SOPs are delivered to whilst always having a proactive eye for improvement
- Co-ordinate visits to venues and management of staff diary
- Manage the office premises and ensure compliance with agreed procedures (including petty cash, stationery etc)
*Job description is a guide as written by Taskmaster. Please call our office for further information.