Accounts Payable Manager
Somerset (near Bath)
Our client whom are fast growing company are currently looking to recruit a Accounts Payable Manager on a permanent basis within their Somerset office located near Bath. The role which will report directly into the Financial Controller will also manage a team of Accounts Payable assistants.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Ensure team are following the Accounts Payable Procedures within their daily tasks - updating them where necessary for compliance.
- To continually develop and improve the processes within Accounts Payable
- Implement an automated PO and Remittance processes.
- Ensure payment run is processed by the team on a weekly basis in line with timetable.
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information, ensuring accuracy of financial statements.
- Keep SUN Accounts & Purchase Invoice Management System updated.
- Act as point of escalation and support for the AP Team.
- Carry out one to one meetings with each team member on a monthly basis to review progress on objectives, current workloads and overall performance.
- Review with offsite finance manager AP team probations and annual performance of each team member.
- Review and manage KPI's on monthly/quarterly basis - identifying any areas for improvement and working on implementing change to improve these.
- Work towards achieving set objectives.
- Extensive experience of working in Accounts Payable & previous experience of team management.
- Ability to lead a team and motivate others to exceed expectations.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to review processes and implement positive change.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Experience of SUN Accounts preferred but not essential.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.