Support Workers (Live-in)
The UK is still currently a member of the EU. Please note that Active Assistance will be welcoming candidates from the EU to join their valuable workforce in the UK. We will be keeping all employees informed on changes and support our Care Workers through these times.
Live - in Personal Assistants / Support Workers / Care Assistants (Health and Social Care) needed for clients nationwide
Are you looking for a flexible and rewarding career with a difference?
You may already work in the Health and Social Care Industry and would like a change?
Could Active Assistance be the company for you?
Who are we?
Established in 1992, Active Assistance Group is a highly successful specialist care provider, supporting physically disabled adults with spinal cord injuries and neurological conditions to live independently in their own home, enabling them to play an active role in the community in which they live.
What are we looking for?
Enthusiastic, conscientious and flexible Live- in Personal Assistants (Health and Social Care) to work with our clients nationwide and to support them to live an independent life .
Applicants will need to be happy to assist our clients with all aspects of daily living and personal care requirements.
Every client is individual and therefore you must be willing to adapt to different lifestyles to ensure that the client you are working with can live an independent life.
Working as a Live-in Personal Assistant can be a great lifestyle choice where you can choose to work and then travel in-between your assignments. Typically you will work between 1-3 weeks with a client and then take a break.
This is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social care or alternatively you may be looking for a short term role or a rewarding flexible position during a gap year.
No previous care experience is required for this position as our clients value Live - in Personal Assistants who show enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
Benefits of working as a Live-in Personal Healthcare Assistant
- Earning potential ofup to £28,200per annum (based on working 21 days every 4 weeks)
- Accrued holiday pay
- Pension Scheme
- Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
- Refer a friend scheme for employees
- Free five day award winning training course with accommodation provided
- Training locations in Sevenoaks, Kent and East Midlands
- Paid travel to and from assignment within England and Wales
- Opportunities to gain a nationally recognised qualification in Health and Social Care
- Prospects to progress your career within the company
- Flexible working patterns to suit you, ranging from one to three weeks
- Food and accommodation provided whilst on assignment
- Regular breaks which enable you to gain a good work- life balance
- Ongoing support from Head Office and Regional Teams
- We welcome working holiday visas, which gives you the opportunity to work and travel
Essential requirements of a Live in Personal Assistant (Health and Social Care)
- Aged 18 or over. Please note that for live-in care positions you may need to meet a certain age criteria for insurance purposes as you may need to drive the client’s vehicle.
NB You do not need to own a car to carry out this care work.
- Valid full driving licence and competent driving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, which includes being able to actively listen to and follow instructions from your client
- Proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK
Desirable requirements of a Live in Personal Assistant (Health and Social Care)
- We welcome Nurses, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists who want to gain some practical and invaluable experience working in a community setting
- Candidates who are considering careers in the Health and Social Care industry
So, if you have the qualities to make a great Live -in Personal Assistant / Support Worker / Care Assistant (Health and Social Care) please do not hesitate to apply today.
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.