IT Controls / SOX Compliance Officer
Howell Thorpe is working with this innovative technology and solution provider in recruiting a SOX compliance specialist to join their growing finance function. This global organisation offers excellent career prospects, training and development.
About The Role
The role will work closely with IT, in implementing and developing compliance frameworks and procedures. It will report directly to the Compliance Manager and offer the business a "go to" relating to processes and plans. The roles responsibilities will include:
- Plan and implement SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) testing working with the IT function for the internal Finance Transformation project
- Conduct SOX and regulatory reporting controls testing and document results
- Identify and managing key risks through control frameworks
- Provide Senior Management and stakeholders reports and information relation to risk
- Promote SOX framework whilst continuing to look for process improvement and development
- Partner with business units in offering compliance guidance on new projects/implementations
- Offer compliance training and advise to the business including senior management and new starts
- Maintain and develop other compliance policies including T&E and anti-bribery
The right candidate will have a Financial Accounting background, experience within a compliance/audit role and be a strong communicator across various declines and levels with the ability to influence as well as be challenged. They would need to hold exceptional IT system knowledge, ideally COSO 2013/COBIT. This position is idea for a CISA qualified candidate or individual qualified by experience. Studiers with relevant experience would also be considered. Occasional travel may be required.
Things You Should Know
This organisation is able to offer an extensive benefits package including private medical cover, vast career and development opportunities.
Commutable from: Alton, Andover, Basingstoke, Bordon, Bracknell, Camberley, Farnborough, Farnham, Fleet, Hook, Maidenhead, Petersfield, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Windsor, Wokingham and Yateley.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)