Nursery Room Leader
Room leader, WOKING
Woodham House, Carlton Road, Woking, Surrey GU21 4HE
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary: £17,000 - £19,000 a year
- Up to 25 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Monthly rewards and high street discounts
- Refer a friend bonus
- Up to 40% childcare discounts
- Free uniform, free training and free DBS check
- Career Opportunities: Ongoing continuous development and early years quality training and mentoring
Overview of the role
We are looking for Room Leaders for our stunning new Nursery & Preschool. This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the direction of the nursery from the very beginning. As with all of our settings, Woking is well appointed to the highest quality standards with bright and spacious rooms and brand new facilities and a huge garden. It will be a landmark Nursery and Preschool in the area offering exemplary Early Years care to up to 125 children aged three months to five years.
Our Room leaders play an essential role in the day to day running of our nurseries. They are meticulously organised, passionate and energetic and are responsible for providing the highest standard of supervision, guidance and education as well as a stimulating and varied programme of care.
They lead, mentor and manage the staff in their rooms and are a key point of contact for all children and their families.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience as a Room Leader / Room Supervisor / Team Leader or managing a team
- At least NVQ level 3 in Childcare and Development or Equivalent (unfortunately we cannot accept Health and Social Care as an equivalent).
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Experience working with Key Persons
- Experience working on Observations and Assessments
- Up to date First Aid and Health & Safety
- Safeguarding Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications are essential
- Passion for delivering high quality childcare and learning
- Exceptional communication skills, energy and a positive `can do` attitude
- Team player
Full-time 41.25 hours a week