General Ledger Accountant
Financial Accountant/General Ledger | Derbyshire | £29,000 | 9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a job offering the opportunity to work as part of a team of 15, for a well known Logistics business with a turnover in excess of £2 Billion, based in Alfreton.
This Financial Accountant/General Ledger Accountant is for a period of 9 months to cover an internal secondment. You will be someone who has excellent attention to detail and a hard-working attitude. You will play a key role in budgeting, forecasting and performance reporting to deliver insight and support senior stakeholders with decision making. Working closely and building deep relationships with the Financial Leadership Team.
- To supervise the processing and reconciliation of financial transactions
- Supervise the production of financial reports and analysis
- Review and improve processes and procedures and identify opportunities to improve controls
- Develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
- Manage the processing and handling of large volumes of data
- Interrogation and manipulation of data
- Production of daily and periodic cash flow (actual and forecast)
- Supervise daily treasury activity
- Provide information, advice and guidance to internal stakeholders
What are you like?
You will be studying towards or be part qualified in a professional accounting qualification (AAT/ACA/ACCA/CIMA) although QBE will be considered. You will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels. You'll also be someone who loves to be in the detail, with a strong experience in budgeting and forecasting with strong organisational skills. You will have the ability to work at pace and remain consistent under pressure. You will be proactive in your approach to work with the ability to identify issues and drive actions quickly. Strong set of software skills including Excel is essential.
Package - £29,000 - 9 month FTC
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 0115 9470200/07973833069
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81272168