£60K + Bonus + Benefits
North Birmingham SME
Seymour John are working exclusively with this successful, owner-managed SME business. We are seeking a talented and ambitious qualified accountant to act as Financial Controller, working in partnership with the Managing Director. The business is profitable and has developed a market leading share within the UK by offering bespoke solutions and exceptional customer service. Turnover is around £10m p.a.
Working closely with the Managing Director you will help to steer the financial performance of the business, identifying and driving opportunities to improve. Your remit will be to head up a finance team that supports all aspects of the business from production to distribution and sales, with incisive management information enabling business critical decision making. This is a hands on role supported by two staff and you will have personal responsibility for:
- Monthly management accounts and reporting
- Budgets and forecasts
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Balance sheet reconciliation and control
- VAT and other statutory submissions
- Statutory accounts
- Company secretarial matters
- Inquisitive in understanding ways to improve processes
- Ambitious to improve business performance
What we are looking for:
We need a qualified accountant with a strong financial control background who has a keen commercial acumen and an eye for business improvement opportunities. You must demonstrate a record of profit improvement and working collaboratively with others at all levels. Excellent communication skills and an ability to influence will be essential to engage stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Excellent financial control experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience of ERP implementation and trouble-shooting
To find out more please contact Simon Lowe at Seymour John.