Corporate Finance Manager
Our client is a prestigious group of UK Charted Accountants with over 100 partners and 500 Professional staff who operate from 27 offices thought the UK. They are an award winning firm that pride themselves on offering a personal and attentive service to their broad portfolio of clients which include SME’s and national organisations.
They currently have a position for a Corporate Finance Manager in their Newport office where duties will include:
The position function
- Lead advisory M&A
- Acquisitions - approach, negotiation, deal structure and post-acquisition planning;
- Disposals - approach, preparation of Information Memorandum, negotiation and deal structure; and
- Close liaison with stakeholders: client, target and other professional advisers and bankers.
- Financial Due Diligence
- For clients, charitable organisations and funders. Due diligence carried out for acquisitions, restructuring and refinancing; and
- Reporting directly to clients with key milestone updates.
- Projections, business planning and finance raising
- Advising clients in obtaining finance for start-ups, group restructuring/refinancing, which involves liaising with major retail banks, accountants/agents, solicitors and Finance Wales; and
- Preparation of detailed financial projections using Sage Financial Forecasting as well as devising and developing Excel-based models from scratch.
- Initiated by clients for shareholder agreement and attracting new investment; and
- Valuations for solicitor's clients (eg. matrimonial or conflict resolution purposes).
5. Forensic and bespoke work
- For instance fraud investigations, loss of profits and other bespoke engagements; and
- Strategic Business Reviews.
- Managing engagements to ensure that deadlines are met and client expectations exceeded;
- Working closely with partners and senior client staff (typically MD/FD level);
- Supervision, mentoring and review of junior staff;
- Heavily involved in networking, business development activities and bringing in new clients; and
- Establishing a broad range of professional contacts with advisers, lawyers and funders.
- Commitment to exceptional levels of client service and responsiveness;
- Strong co-ordination and organisational skills a must;
- Must have a high level of commercial awareness;
- Ability to see big picture whilst ensuring a high degree of attention to detail and quality of output;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Essential experience of audit/accounts in practice;
- Essential understanding of Financial Statements;
- The ability to deal with tasks on a timely basis;
- The flexibility to work longer hours when required;
- Ability to perform well as an individual;
- Ability to self-manage workloads; and
- Enthusiasm coupled with drive and determination.