Account Director - Ad-Tech - Up to £55k - London
What does your company do:
Our client is an advertising technology company offering solutions to the world's leading publishers and advertisers by contextually aligning content and advertising to deliver record levels of engagement.
Their mission is to strive to be the global platform of choice for distributing semantically relevant content for premium brands with integrity and respect for all users.
What is involved in this role:
This is an exciting role for an experienced and dynamic Account Director who will join a rapidly growing team. The Account Director will manage a team of five Account Managers and will be responsible for the overall performance of the Account Management team and for the performance and delivery of all live campaigns.
The Account Director will also lead process improvements in order to streamline the team’s workload and contribute to larger projects in the company (e.g. the launch of new products etc.)
How can this candidate expect to spend their day
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Oversee delivery and performance of all campaigns
- Run on-boarding calls and meetings with new publishers (alongside Engineering
- team, where necessary); explain how campaigns are set up and managed and answer operational questions from publisher Ad Ops, Sales and Account Management teams
- Run kick-off and reporting calls and meetings with both new and existing clients; convey positive message on how campaigns are set up and managed, and suggest optimisations tailored to individual campaign requirements
- Act as point of escalation for troubleshooting performance and delivery issues with individual campaigns
- Meet and communicate regularly with client, agency and publisher teams to build and maintain relationships
- Manage performance of Account Management team, with regular assessments
- Provide and organise training (internal and external) to team, based on individual and team requirements
- Assign campaigns for setup and management to members of the team, depending on individual's experience and workload
- Support Account Management team on issues with publishers, agencies and clients on performance, delivery and media booking queries
- Suggest and implement process improvements for Account Management team workflow
- Liaise closely with Sales team on upcoming and live campaigns, as well as sales pipeline
- Support Sales team on account management tasks related pre-sales process
- Liaise with Engineering team on product and UI changes which will impact process or user experience for internal and external users
- Able to take the initiative to identify potential process changes to improve everyday business functions.
- Must have a proactive attitude and be happy to take a hands-on role in supporting the team in all Account Management work to ensure that goals and deadlines are hit.
Tell us about your ideal candidate’s experience and qualifications:
- Degree educated with a 2.1 or above in any rigorous discipline
- 3+ years’ industry experience, with a focus on account management
- Strong working knowledge of ad servers, especially DFP
- Familiarity with various types of trackers, ad tags and html
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
Tell us about your ideal candidate’s skills & personality:
- Able to effectively manage, support, train and assess a growing, international team of Account Managers and Account Executives.
- Experience in successfully growing a team, identifying any training requirements and ensuring new hires are developed to become fully-functioning members of the team as quickly as possible.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build positive relationships between all internal and external contacts internationally.
- Able to explain complex technical concepts and products to a wide range of contacts of varied backgrounds.
- Strong account management skills, with experience liaising with client, agency and publisher contacts internationally while balancing requirements and resources of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in managing complex campaigns in order to ensure delivery and performance goals are realised, and report clearly and positively to publisher and agency/client teams.
- Able to take steps to avoid any potential issues before they arise.
- Able to manage client expectations, particularly in complex situations, and suggest and implement positive actions to alleviate difficult client conversations.
- Able to oversee total client roster of complex, multiple-publisher campaigns simultaneously.
- Must have strong organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to prioritise the Account Management team’s workload based on business requirements, making optimum use of limited resources.
- Able to interpret large data sets and identify anomalies in order to troubleshoot issues.
- Able to identify key trends in campaign data in order to optimise campaign delivery and performance.
What are the perks of working at your company?:
- Working with an ambitious, motivated and supportive team
- A focus on personal development and career progression
- Sociable, flexible working environment