Accounts Receivable Administrator
Job title: Accounts Receivable Administrator
Our client, a global design and manufacturing company based in Cambridge, are recruiting for an Accounts Receivable Administrator to join their Finance team reporting to the Accounts Supervisor.
The purpose for this role is to manage customer accounts on multiple ledgers, to ensure all debts to be recovered in line with terms.
Job description and key responsibilities:
- To assist with credit control, accounting, quality and other relevant company procedures
- Ensure customers pay within their agreed payment terms, chasing payments if necessary as per the company’s debt collection procedure.
- Deal effectively and on a daily basis with ‘On Hold’ orders to ensure no order is held unless it is line with company policy
- Effectively dealing with customer account queries / complaints, including liaising with invoice discount provider and other departments, to ensure they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Effective and timely updating and reconciliation of sales ledger, including posting to customer accounts.
- Ensuring that all company procedures regarding the processing of credit card payments are adhered to.
- Effective and timely updating and reconciliation of sales ledger accounts including pro-forma customers
- Dealing with new accounts:-
- Ensuring satisfactory credit references are obtained
- Establishing an agreed credit limit
- Amending accounts details / addresses etc., as required.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly tasks related to banking and bank reconciliations as required.
- Other analytical and review tasks as required to balance time and deliverables across the finance team. This may include all aspects of the AP role on a regular basis.
The Ideal candidate will have a high level of integrity and an ability to focus on the detail to deliver high standards of work. Experience in an invoice discounting environment is not essential but would be advantageous. You will have experience with Accounts Receivable, with the ability to build great working relationships.
Please apply now for a full job description.
For more information, call our Cambridge office on or visit our website at
The ONE Group
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.