Quality Assurance Tester (Hardware)
Quality Assurance Tester (Hardware)
The primary responsibility of the Quality Assurance Officer is to ensure hardware product quality along with integration with software where necessary. This includes testing all new and existing products changes, including build configuration/implementation changes and regression testing. Testing is to be performed using as much automated tests as possible; enabling re-use, maximizing execution efficiency and reducing business risk. The testing will predominantly cover hardware product on both functional and non-functional criteria along with all integration testing.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver the testing and quality assurance of the quality roadmap and strategy for the hardware platforms, ensuring implementation of timely, reusable tests; regularly reporting progress to line manager.
- Ensure the quality of each product release and complete testing to agreed deadlines, ensuring appropriate approvals and statutory standards are secured and recommending each release as 'gold standard' prior to production deployment.
- Follow QA processes, procedures and structures, recommending improvements and/or introduction of best practice as appropriate.
- Provide detailed estimates and feedback for project scheduling purposes.
- Design and provide test reports on a regular agreed basis, to detail testing progress, issues and risks.
- Help provide guidance and assistance in client requirements definition.
- Carry out the system test cycle, reporting on release status to line management and other stakeholders providing feedback to the development and design teams and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements.
- Follow the defined quality standards and measure and report on KPIs tracking improvement to system quality.
- Extend and enhance the repository of system documentation, to cover new or changed system functionality where appropriate.
- Ensure high quality and accuracy is maintained through to release.
- Design tests and prepare test scripts in accordance with the test plan to test each component and demonstrate the business condition under test and the expected results required for hardware.
- Raise and monitor project and product related defects, ensuring they are re-tested in a timely manner.
- Prepare and maintain test plans for use on automated testing tools where necessary.
- Ensure a high standard of all automated tests, conducting regular reviews.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience of testing hardware products both 'legacy' and 'research and development'.
- Experience of liaising with development, product managers and designers/resources for troubleshooting where appropriate/necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
- Good written and verbal 'description' skills for defect writing.
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes.
- Proven experience of designing tests for and testing complex products.
- Detailed knowledge of both manual and automated testing.
Ideally the candidate should have:
- A track record in testing hardware is required and software would be desirable.
- Good knowledge and experience of the QA process.
- Strong technical hardware experience.
Huge plus/Desirable Skills (Not Essential)
- Experience of using test tools, enterprise and open source.
- Knowledge and experience of test management tools.
- Knowledge and experience of scripting languages.
- Knowledge and experience of Linux and MySQL.
- Knowledge and experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Waterfall.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81237708