Chase and Holland are exclusively partnering a leading global business looking to appoint a Finance Manager based in Dagenham. You will mainly be responsible for managing the transactional side of the Finance Team within a busy accounts environment all of who handle high volumes on a daily basis. The role is predominantly staff management including coaching and supporting staff to maximise their performance and ensure policies and procedures are met. Key to this role will be your ability to manage relationships within your team, ensuring that staff are managed, motivated and developed to the best of their ability and maximising output.
Finance Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing a team of 12 who need supporting and developing.
- Own the achievement of team KPI’s, ensure objectives and targets are agreed with team members, monitor performance regularly and address issues promptly.
- Develop an engaged workforce, motivate them through regular briefings, encouraging positivity and communication.
- Cashflow management including daily bank reconciliations, including invoice discount facilities.
- Process and system improvement and integration.
- Statutory returns including VAT and Corporation tax.
- Ensure data integrity of the Purchase Ledger/ Sales Ledger / Credit Control, minimising unallocated cash, debit balances and ledger inaccuracies. Supplier statements must be reconciled regularly, with any discrepancies fully investigated and resolved.
- Managing the regular payment runs, ensuring suppliers are paid on the appropriate run in accordance with agreed terms.
- Various ad hoc operational projects.
- Experience in a busy Finance environment.
- Experience of staff management.
- Ability to review processes and implement positive change.
- Good computer and excel skills.
- Good telephone manner and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Efficient and organised.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Experience of working in multi-site locations.
The right candidate will have a can do attitude with experience of managing a team (including appraisals and personal development plans). This role will suit someone who is looking for an opportunity to run an office and maximise the team ability. You will need to be self sufficient and able to deal with ad hoc tasks on a daily basis without them impacting on your day job. Our client is offering you a chance to take ownership and put your stamp on a newly created role. On offer is the chance to work for a growing entrepreneurial business within a family culture.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81235874