Your new company
This long established company with more than 25 years' experience in the precast concrete industry, offers a design, supply and installation service to main contractors nationwide. They are now looking for a CAD Designer / Draughts person to join their busy team.
Your new role
To carry out design and detailing of structural precast concrete components, particularly Hollowcore, Beam and Block flooring and concrete stairs. This is a busy drawing department, working in a fast paced environment.
- Produce beam & block, hollowcore floor layouts & stairs to engineers/architects specification.
- Follow and complete the design process from receipt of order to site installation. (Tasks include preparing material requisition forms/beam lists/schedules etc.)
- Work from architects/structural engineers' drawings and occasional site dimensions/sketches
- Proficient in Autocad and Excel. Knowledge of Tekla and/or Tekla would be an advantage
- Support installation team to overcome problems on site
- Work to deadlines and be able to work under pressure
- Produce accurate designs within a given period
- Be able to read & understand construction drawings, plans, sections etc
- Site visits may be required, to take measurements or to overcome design issues
- Be confident working with external design teams, including main contractors, architects, engineers and builders.
- Good telephone manner and communication skills combined with the ability to work in a busy office environment.
- A good understanding of the design & manufacturing process.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt in a changing environment is necessary.
- Requesting and distributing drawings internally and externally.
- Ensuring the commercial department are made aware of changes during the design process.
- Use own initiative to combine information and problem solve
What you'll get in return
Salary from £17,500 - £27,500 dependant on experience. Holiday entitlement: min of 22 days plus bank holidays. Statutory pension scheme with current contribution of 2% (instead of the current required minimum of 1%) with Royal London.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.