Business Development Manager - Top 20 Leading Construction
Business Development Manager - Top 20 Leading Construction Company
City of London
£65,000 - £75,000 + package
This top 20 leading construction company that works within the Education, Housing, Healthcare, Heritage, Commercial & Industrial sector, has an exciting position for a Business Development Manager to join the team.
Its core business is the delivery of construction projects ranging from £4m - £20m with the average value being £6m.
The main responsibility of the Business Development Manager is to secure tender opportunities in line with targets set, in terms of number and value of tenders, project locations, type of contracts and type of clients. This would someone who can influence new business, develop long standing relationships with clients & contribute to the wider context of moving the business forward. The ideal candidate will come from a similar background working for a major contractor and would be resilient, tenacious and hardworking.
The following will form part of the duties to be able to successfully carry out the role and meet the targets:
- Identification, research and relationship building with new clients and consultants to develop multi-tiered, long-term relationships within organisations.
- Developing existing relationships.
- Arrange meetings with potential and existing clients/consultants including organising site visits to interested clients/consultants
- Attend regular networking events to raise the profile and awareness of the company and to develop/maintain relationships.
- Engage in the tracking and following up of business leads through personal contacts as well as the identification of new business leads.
- Identify and implement strategies to target key sectors and relationships to address the prevailing business climate and industry trends.
- Take an active role in the communication strategy such as promotional material: brochures, company newsletter, bid support, pre-qualification and client information documents.
- Involvement of the Tender/Bid support function ensuring bid support documents are completed and that the relevant supporting marketing collateral is available, as well as completing any pre-tender documentation.
- Have established portfolio of contacts of Clients and Consultants
- Proven record in achieving securing of tender enquiries to targeted levels and type
- Achievement of high success ratio for PQQ's
- High level of bid writing skills, both in terms of content and design
- Strong administration and coordination skills
- Knowledge of construction process
- Drive for continuous improvement for all marketing materials
- Experience of excellent event coordination
To hear more, please send through an updated CV to Paige Wooding at Borne Resourcing