2nd Line Support
2nd Line IT Technical Engineer (Delivery/Support)
With over 20 years in the IT business, London Web Ltd provides connectivity, cloud, SaaS and support solutions including unified email and telecommunications backed up with 247 proactive support and management services to VIP’s, start-ups, SME’s, large multinational, enterprises, charities, public sector organisations.
You will be part of a small and experienced team with lots of opportunity to learn and develop. To deliver the company’s products and services, to provide 2nd line technical support and solutions delivery to clients, mainly remotely. Analyse issues and provide ideas/solutions in consultation with Team Leader and Management.
- Contribute with and implement project management for effective delivery of solutions on time, focusing on customer experience.
- Deliver Solutions using Remote Management and Monitoring
- Deliver SaaS (cloud) and other company’s services at L2.
- Perform customer services’ upgrades and updates.
- Perform and interpret surveys on site and remotely.
- Configure and maintain DHCP, DNS, VPN and other application servers, on site or in the cloud.
- Ensure managed systems are backed up.
- Promote the migration of onsite services and servers to the Company’s cloud infrastructure.
- Provide Windows Server support and management, including Active Directory, Exchange, LDAP, Group Policies.
- Maintain and use of remote support tools to diagnose issues as well as deliver resolution/fixes.
- Configure, install and maintain routers, servers, firewalls, switches, printers, scanners, other peripherals implementing RMM tools where applicable.
- Ensure security of routers, firewalls, desktops, servers and all networked devices is optimal and up to date by periodically reviewing the configuration of various routers/firewalls devices then plan, consult and implement changes to improve security at L2.
- Utilise ticketing, monitoring, communication systems and well as products control panels.
- Develop SOPs for staff at L1/L2 and guides for customers, including diagrams, photos, guides, videos and remote sessions. Ensure the team can support new products and clients.
- Make use of Change Management, Project Management and Inventory systems, ensuring data is accurate and up to date.
- Working under pressure in a team and individually.
- Manage time efficiently.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and adopt new techniques.
- Strong communication and documentation.
- Demonstrate a clear ability to manage workloads and conflicting priorities.
- Self-motivated and driven to solve problems and deliver solutions.
- Exchange and understanding of Email servers
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge in installing, supporting, troubleshooting and improving:
- Windows servers
- Windows and Mac desktops (Win 7 to 10)
- RMM tools
- Hardware PC, laptop, printers and scanners
- Microsoft Exchange and Outlook
- Demonstrably comfortable working on own initiative and as part of a project team virtualisation and cloud concepts Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP.