Our client is one of the UK’s leading companies specialising in construction logistics and waste management services and they are looking for a Commercial Manager to join their company. The successful candidate will be required to manage the commercial aspects of our subcontract works.
The main responsibilities will include;
· Reporting to department head on a daily basis;
· Monitoring budgets and compiling & issuing accurate cost reports on a monthly basis;
· Issuing monthly interim applications and ensuring payment notices / certificates and payments are received on time;
· Resolving contractual and commercial problems where they arise;
· Value engineering where possible;
· Liaise with procurement department on a daily basis ensuring that project specific items are procured within budget constraints;
· Offering direction and instruction;
· Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties;
· Overseeing financial KPIs;
· Management / mentoring / training of other Quantity Surveyors.
You will need to be able to manage 10-20 projects ranging in value from £500k to £4,000,000, form working relationships with the client and liase with them on a regular basis. The ideal Commercial Manager will need to have subcontract experience in logistics and waste management and preferably degree level educated.
BENEFITS: Car Allowance, Private Medical offered after successful completion of probationary period
If this position is what you are looking for, we look forward to seeing your CV.