Registered Nurse in Charge
Sister/ Charge Nurse - Bupa Care Homes
Newcarron Court Care Home
£28,000 - £31,600 - Based on a 42 hour contract
Salary is dependent upon experience, capability & qualifications
Equivalent to NHS Band 5 & 6
£1000 Welcome to Bupa Bonus
About the Role
At Bupa Care Homes you'll take responsibility for your shift, co-ordinating work and inspiring, motivating and leading the care team to achieve the highest standards of care and make a real difference to the lives of our residents.
Making sure that everything runs smoothly, you'll be empowered to make decisions, assess needs, deliver care plans, supervise medication and really get to know our residents and their families. Helping to shape the care homes of the future as we champion dementia care and work with a growing number of PCTs, your RGN/RMN experience will enable you to meet the physical, emotional and social needs of our residents, as part of a wider multi-disciplinary community team.
Who we're looking for
If you're a talented nurse with first level registration, take on a lead role within our innovative team and make the most of your expertise.
You'll work with great autonomy and receive the industry leading support and training you need to progress your career to Unit Manager, Deputy Manager and beyond. Enjoying plenty of variety, as well as complex and interesting work at a home where every day is different, you must be able to delegate effectively, deliver medication and maintain high quality care documentation.
What's in it for you
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive pay rate and benefits that include:
- Autonomy to practice
- Bupa's specially designed Nurse Pathway
- Continuous CPD and access to external scholarships and academic development
- NMC annual pin payment covered (£120)*
- Preceptorship Programme for Newly Qualified Nurses
- Re-validation Champions
- Accelerated Career Progression
- Full time, Part time and bank contracts available
- Staff referral bonus of up to £1000 per referral
- Access to employee health benefits and discounts
- Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
- Bupa Fit - a staff health benefit including a confidential hotline to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisor's, access to free physiotherapy and discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
About the Home
Situated in the charming village of Newcarron, our purpose-built care home is surrounded by extensive landscaped grounds, including a beautiful rose garden.
Our highly trained team of care assistants and registered nurses provide around-the-clock support, tailored specifically to each resident's needs. It is important to us that our residents have as much independence as possible knowing help is at hand should they need it.
We're really passionate about recruiting our people efficiently.
Who we are
We employ over 27,000 people at more than 300 UK care homes. Job satisfaction is at a record high. We launched the UK's first ever Dementia Champions Programme across 150 care homes. We also reinvest all the money we make - £35 million in care, people and facilities in 2009.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.