Major Recruitment is currently looking for a Compliance Engineer to join a CE Compliance team in Macclesfield for a role requiring Security Clearance (SC).
Our client is a Machinery Directive Notified Body with over 20 years of experience in machinery safety, they are also a UKAS accredited Certification Body providing management system certification for ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
After a training period the role of the Compliance Engineer is as follows:
* Perform machinery inspections according to Machinery Directive requirements
* Advise our customers on CE marking and machinery safety requirements
* Providing customer training both at customer sites and at our offices
* Carry out PUWER compliance checks and consultancy
* Technical file creation and review
The role is based from the Macclesfield office, but these activities may take place worldwide or at our clients' offices and frequent travel is a requirement of the job.
Skills and requirements:
* Mechanical or electrical degree educated engineer with sound academic
qualifications from school and university
* Excellent communication skills; ability to write clearly; native English speaker; tact
and diplomacy in customer interaction
* Attention to detail: ability to understand, interpret and apply legal requirements
* Interest in working for an internationally operating company, with regular travel in
the UK and abroad
* Evidence of hands-on machinery experience/design experience or experience in
a technical compliance role would be an advantage.
* A good understanding of what it means to work in an impartial manner
* You will need a full UK driver's license and your own means of transport.
* A particular requirement for this role is that the candidate either already holds security clearance (SC) which can be moved to one of our projects or that the candidate agrees to obtaining SC for this role.
* The candidate should hold British nationality and no dual nationality.
If successful, you will be offered a competitive salary in the range of £35,000 to £50,000, depending on experience, pension contribution, 25 holidays + bank holidays, excellent training and development opportunities and an international working environment at the forefront of technology.
A test will be part of the recruitment process.