Job Title: Nursery Practitioner
Salary: £7.60-£8.00 p/hr & annual pay reviews in April
Hours: 38.5 per week, between 8.00am-6pm. 4 full days 8-6 or 3 full days and 2 half days 8-1 or 1-6 depending on the requirements of the room - flexibility required.
We are currently recruiting for several Nursery Practitioners for a busy Nursery chain that is expanding all sites. There is plenty of training and potential to progress to Team Leader, with a specific in-house course for this.
- To engage in high quality interactions with all children therefore ensuring good practice.
- To ensure the calm, smooth running of the room, especially at lunchtimes
- To act as a key person to a group of children, liaising closely with the parents / carers and ensuring that each child's needs are recognised and met
- To keep confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff which is gained as part of the role.
- To plan, prepare and participate in a range of activities that promote each child's physical, intellectual and emotional needs as well as the 7 areas of development as stated in the EYFS
- To complete on-line Learning Journey's every month.
- Liaise with the Team Leader to organise and attend 'settling' sessions for new key worker children.
- To uphold Nursery Policies and Procedures
- To be conversant with the emergency procedures relating to Health, Safety and Welfare procedures.
- To be a reliable member of the team working co-operatively and with flexibility.
- To ensure good team spirit.
- To ensure that the highest standards of safety, security, hygiene and cleanliness are practiced at all times within own room and the Nursery
- Record accidents and incidents and ensure that Part 1 and 3 are completed in full of the Safety and Welfare reports; including parent and staff signatures.
- To communicate effectively to the Team Leader with any concerns for the children in your care and/or parental and staffing issues.
- Maintain an open approach to children with specific needs, taking into consideration their personal development and requirements.
- To liaise with SENCO, Behaviour Management and Safeguarding Designated Persons when appropriate.
- Attend regular staff meetings, planning meetings and appropriate training sessions both during and after working hours where applicable.
- Attend ALL out of work hours activities unless on holiday or absent due to ill health.
- To carry out all secondary duties as listed by your Team Leader and Nursery Manager
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the Director, Nursery Manager or Team Leaders
- NVQ 2 / 3 or equivalent
- Able to work in a flexible manner to suit the needs of the business
- Good physical and mental health
- GCSE Maths or equivalent in key skills (April 17)
- GCSE English or equivalent in key skills (April 17)
- Basic word processing
- Paediatric First Aid
- Basic Safeguarding Training
- Food Hygiene certificate
- A willingness to work towards providing excellence of service
Our client is offering a vast amount of benefits in addition to the basic salary.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://freshrecruits.co.uk/equal-opportunities/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81435401