Registrar / School Secretary
We are looking for an exceptionally well-presented, experienced and organised Registrar / School Secretary to join our friendly team.
Cameron House School is a small, nurturing prep school (boys and girls aged 4-11) in the heart of Chelsea, London. Your main role will be supporting the Headmistress and Principal in the day to day running of the school and to be the main point of contact for current parents, prospective parents and pupils.
We are looking for someone who is punctual, honest, organised, flexible, hardworking and has excellent people skills. A warm and patient attitude is key, as well as a love of children and a good sense of humour! Excellent grammar and IT skills are essential. Previous School Secretary/Registrar/ PA experience is preferred but not essential.
Monday - Thursday
8.00am – 5.00pm
8.00am – 4.00pm / 5.00pm (Alternate each week with Headmistress’s PA)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Registrar; dealing with all aspects of Admissions, registration, and wait lists. Ensuring that classes reach their full capacity for pupil intake throughout the year.
- Booking in prospective parents for school show arounds and pupil assessments.
- Liaising with the Head’s PA to ensure all parent tours are in the Head’s diary.
- Taking all calls related to wait list enquiries and admissions.
- Keeping admissions register fully up to date.
- Dealing with all registration forms and registration payments.
- Ensuring paperwork for entrance procedure is correct.
- Contacting parents re. Acceptance letters and decisions.
- Sending out correspondence regarding prospective parents and entry decisions on behalf of the Head.
- Contacting families on the waiting list or corresponding with re-location and school placement agencies should places become available.
- Registers and Class Lists; keeping these up to date and maintained accordingly.
- Parent contact details; keeping these up to date and maintained accordingly.
- Keeping confidence with the Head and Principal of the school.
- School Nurse/First Aid Trained; first point of contact for children who are unwell or need medical attention.
- School Clubs; first point of contact for all parents who want to sign up their child for a club.
- Updating Clubs Handbook and ensuring the publication of the most recent version to the school community and uploading it on to the school website.
- Keeping the club lists up to date at all times and liaising with all staff responsible for each club.
- Responsible for the Clubs notice board
- Staff and Parent Handbooks; ensuring these are up to date
- Post; Sorting all school post and delivering within the building
- School Reports; assisting with the sending out of school reports each term
- Greet parents and visitors; with any general enquiries
- Dealing with all requests in a calm and professional manner Contacting parents if the child is unwell or had an accident
- Leaflets & Programs; Organising and creating leaflets and brochures for events such as church services and plays
- School Photographs; Organising whole school and individual class photographs
- House Lists; organising and maintaining.
- Exam Results; creating spreadsheets for exam results, age of pupils for standardised exams.
- Calendar – creating and managing the calendar, including key diary dates. Preparing the Calendar Booklet for each term
- Maintenance of the School;
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the school.
- Dealing with contractors during the School Holiday period and assisting them accordingly.
- School Holidays; Responsible for being the main point of contact for the Administrative department during the school holidays.
- Being in charge of the school mobile phone and having this to hand in case of any calls during the holidays relating to Registration and reallocation of places in classes. Being available to take calls relating to school maintenance work during the holiday period.
- Covering/ Assisting Office Manager; cover queries if the Office Manager is unavailable or away.
- Assisting the Office Manager with any administrative tasks where necessary
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Headmistress. Short listed candidates will be asked to complete a recruitment pack and will be invited for a tour and interview. The start date is Monday 26th June 2018
Cameron House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
For more information about the school please visit www.cameronhouseschool.org