A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Data Analyst, based in Edinburgh.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The role holder will be responsible for the identification, acquisition and analysis of data used by the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) to assess and analyse financial crime and reputational risk for all of the Bank’s clients. . The role holder will be part of a small team and report up into the Data Management Lead, Data Platforms.
The role holder will make proactive enhancements to the data integrated into the tools and systems used by the FIU Intelligence Analysts to provide timely, reliable and actionable intelligence on potential financial crime risks to senior managers within the business. The role holder will be gathering and organising knowledge of data flows and repositories, analysis of data schemas and samples. Prototyping of data processing algorithms. This is a new role in a recently merged function, owned jointly by Group Security & Fraud Risk and Financial Crime Compliance, so the post holder must be able to work comfortably within a fluid and developing framework. The role holder will be expected to demonstrate considerable entrepreneurial spirit to obtain the necessary knowledge and identify and realise opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- Prior experience with ‘Big Data’ technologies;
- Experience with database performance optimisation;
- Proven ability to develop subject matter expertise in complex areas;
- Preferable experience and knowledge of financial crime and reputational risk;
- Scripting/macro development or similar programming skills.
- Experience with data transformation
- Strong relationship management and persuading and influencing skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proven written and verbal communication skills;
- Sound understanding of data types and be fluent in data query language (e.g. SQL);
- Good organisational skills ideally with project management experience.
Closing dates for applications 13th June 2018.