Senior Credit Analyst
The Senior Credit Analyst role is responsible for assessing and making decisions about loan applications using the developed credit grading system. Working closely with the origination team to validate applications quickly and transparently. Typical loan value is in the £500k to £5 million range.
- Analyse loan applications from Origination for credit approval, providing structuring, covenant and pricing recommendations as well as feedback on the key credit risks
- Assess and approve indicative credit grades based on companies systems
- Assess and approve the loan information packs prepared by Origination, ensure all significant aspects of the business and loan have been addressed
- Meet with borrowers where required
- Provision of transaction support including making input into loan documentation and ensuring that loan documentation complies with credit approvals
- Provide regular timely feedback to the Origination team on the status of loan applications
- Provide recommendations for the level of company investment for each loan, ensuring the company meet their targets by providing effective management of assets
- Lead on structuring debt facilities for each deal
- Provide feedback on rejected and accepted loans to help the Origination team to refine loan eligibility criteria
- Liaise with Origination and legal on a daily basis to update on loan progress and future pipeline.
- Update the loan book spreadsheet for each transaction
- Development of all credit policies
- Support the Head of Credit to continually enhance the credit process
- Manage and coach other Credit Analysts
The company provides capital and expertise to the SME alternative finance industry.