Senior Nursery Nurse MOR03101
Direct an early years team contributing to the education and care of children under the management of the Head Teacher.Responsibilities
- To direct and support the planning and implementation of a curriculum programme which meets the needs of the individual child in accordance with national and local standards.
- To direct and participate in the observation and integration of children in order to support their learning and record and report on the individual child's progress in accordance with Council policy and procedures.
- To direct and participate in the delivery of an effective early years service.
- To direct and participate in all aspects of team work within the unit.
- Keep abreast of early year's local and national developments.
- To direct and participate as appropriate in all aspects of care which meet the needs of the individual child in accordance with the Council's duty of care.
- To undertake appropriate supervisory responsibilities.
- Experience of working with pre-school children aged between 3 and 5 years old.
- Knowledge of: A Curriculum Framework for Children 3 to 5; The Child at the Centre; National Care Standards Early Education and Childcare up to the age of 16.
- NNEB, SNNB, HNC (Childcare and Education Certificate), SVQ 3 Early Years Care and Education or equivalent.
- SSSC Registered.
- Effective organisational skills.
- Self confidence.
- Ability to motivate and lead a small team.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Effective oral and written communication with line manager, parents, children and support agencies.
- Ability to present written information eg reports, in a clear, consistent form.
- Appreciation, acceptance of and commitment to the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to listen to others.
- Encourage other team members to contribute to the work of the group, eg in planning.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to remain calm.
- Ability to be actively involved with the children in all aspects of their pre-school experience, eg play ring games.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs and demands of the service.
Re-advert of MOR02517 - Previous applicants need not re-apply
TEMPORARY FROM AUGUST 2018 UNTIL 28 JUNE 2019
Closing Date: 25 May 2018
Starting Salary: £25,221 (pro rata)
£13.38 per hour
17.5 Hours per week (term time morning only)
Proposed Interview Date: 7 June 2018
For further information contact: Pilmuir Primary