Job Profile for Quantity Surveyor - Sheffield - 00025584
I am currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join a well-established, construction main contractor operating nationwide, predominantly in the Student Accommodation Sector. This role will be based in Sheffield. My client prides themselves on the positive influence they have had on the local community. They have done this by supporting community groups and visiting schools to deliver career and health and safety advice; for their efforts my client have gained community awards as well as multiple awards for various projects.
The QS will be working alongside the Senior Quantity Surveyor, with the initial role being in Sheffield. The ideal Quantity Surveyor will have a minimum of 3 years' experience within construction and will, ideally, be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent. It would also be advantageous to have some experience of working with Student Accommodation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor to join a growing, reputable company and further their career. This successful Quantity Surveyor will be expected to prepare monthly cost reports, maintain regular contact with co-workers and subcontractors and monitor procurement as well as many other duties.
Quantity Surveyor - Sheffield Position Overview
- Working alongside the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Liaise with subcontractors to gain quotations
- Ensure budgets and source quotations are met
- Measure materials/quantities required for sites
- Prepare subcontract payments for current contracts
Quantity Surveyor - Sheffield Position Requirements
- Qualified to NVQ level 4 or equivalent
- At least 3 years' experience as a QS/Assistant QS
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Flexible with travel
- Previous experience of working for a main contractor
Quantity Surveyor - Sheffield Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Company pension scheme
- Car or car allowance
- Life assurance
- 25 days' holiday
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy