A main contractor who has an established client base in the South of England is currently seeking a Bid Manager to join their pre-construction team and lead all their bidding activities. Based in Surrey and with a turnover more than £250m, they have grown its UK wide reputation for building some very interesting and large scale infrastructure, build and civil schemes up to the value of £150m. The Bid Manager however, will be focusing on build projects in the South Central and South East region within the Education and Healthcare sectors on schemes up to £50m.
As Bid Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Lead the Bid Team
- Understanding the Bid Question
- Plan Bid Submission
- Understanding the Client's requirements
- Understanding the project you are bidding for, i.e. understand the works scope, the works Methodology/Sequence and Requirements
- Manage Quality Submission.
- Draft Quality Responses when required
- Work with and control the bid Design Management
- Work with and control the bid Programming
- Review the Contract
- Liaise with Estimator
- Communicate our Bid at Bid Settlement meeting with Director
To be considered for the Bid Manager position you must have the following skills and experience:
- Industry recognized degree or equivalent experience - Civil Engineering / Construction Management / Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying / HND etc.
- Minimum of 5+ years in a Bid Management role
- Able to demonstrate a high bid success rate
- Very strong communication and written skills
- Negotiation skills
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel