A global main contractor with a turnover more than £1billion is currently hiring a Project Manager to work as a number 2 on an £80m new-build commercial scheme. The main contractor in question has most recently been listed on the construction enquirer's top 100 contract wins league and is continuing to secure high quality projects. They operate throughout the world but, this division focuses mainly in London and the South East. They pride themselves on providing a high-quality product and a having a welcoming culture.
The role for the Project Manager is to be the number 2 on an £80m new-build commercial office scheme in Central London. The project is due to go live in May and they are looking at adding to the already great project team.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Program and planning management - ensuring the short-term plans are clear and concise
- Procurement - Working with Buyers and the supply chain.
- Finance - working closely with the Quantity Surveyors ensuring the financials are running smoothly
- Building and maintaining a close relationship with the client
- Manage and mentor the site based staff, making sure they're happy and delivering against targets
- Quality and compliance control - Making sure all work is compliant and done to the highest standard
- Health & Safety - Spearheading the company's high level of health and safety policies
Required skills and experience:
- 10 years+ experience working for another UK main contractor in a similar operational role
- Can successfully demonstrate key success stories on delivering other UK based projects
- Experience delivering projects upwards of £20m in value
- Industry recognized qualifications - HND, Degree or trades background
- Must have up to date tickets - SMSTS, CSCS card, First Aid at Work etc.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
In return for your work, you will be rewarded with a very competitive basic salary as well as a car or car allowance, pension scheme, full travel expenses, private healthcare and a discretionary bonus.