British Sign Language Specialist
Teaching Personnel are looking to recruit a BSL specialist to work on a 1:1 basis with a looked after childchild in the NG19 area.
It is also desirable that you have experience of working with a range of Special Educational Needs such as Autism, SEMH, PMLD and SLD.
The ideal candidate will be:
- BSL Level 3 qualified or above
- Experienced working with hearing impaired and/or profoundly deaf learners for a minimum of 1 year (desirable but not essential)
- Confident to support the class teacher with communication and supporting the student academically on a 1:1 basis
- Be able to confidently sign and communicate with hearing impaired learners to help break down the learning barriers within the classroom
- Responsible for the welfare of students at all times and reporting to the appropriate line manager wherever necessary
If you are interested in this position, please contact us on or email
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.